Organize an Event
Special events are critical to the operation of the Food Bank.
Events provide the opportunity to educate the community about what it can do to help in our work to end hunger in northeast Georgia. They play a crucial role in allowing us to build necessary relationships by helping people feel connected to our organization. They build visibility in the community and provide an opportunity to birng in new supporters. They can be referred to a "friend raisers" and not just fundraisers.
Please let us know about your even by completing the registration form.
Similarly to food drives and fundraising campaigns the role of the coordinator is extremely important to the success of the event. A representative from The Food Bank of Northeast Georgia is available for you to discuss any questions or concerns at any time throughout the event.
Other information to make your event successful
- The Food Bank is happy to help promote your event through on our website and other various media outlets. Please contact Susan Dodson, our Communications Manager, for more information.
- Food collected in conjunction with your event can be dropped off at the Food Bank of Northeast Georgia located at 861 Newton Bridge Rd in Athens.
- Donations of food are accepted weekdays Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Pick-ups can be scheduled in advance for food drives collecting more than 500 pounds.
- Monetary donations can be mailed to P.O. Box 48857, Athens, GA 30604. Appointments made to deliver monetary donations can be made Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- To arrange for a representative from the Food Bank to attend your event contact Jennifer Wootton.
For more information on organizing an event please contact Jennifer Wootton or by calling 706-354-8191.